Wednesday 10 September 2014

MPU subjects




Top; Sg wang // Shorts; China // Bag; China






Ugh you know whats frustrating?

Getting B on an exam you studied very, very hard for. So yeah, obviously I didn't do so well for my A levels. It would've been ok if I played around and gotten a B but nooo, I knew that Economics was my weakest subject and I studied really really hard and I can honestly say that I did my best. If my best is a B, then its pretty fucking disappointing la to find out that your best is only a B wtf. 

Also, entering my uni year, I found out that I have FIVE freaking MPU subjects (compulsory subjects set by the gov) to take. WTF DIDN'T I SIT THROUGH THIS SHIT IN SECONDARY SCHOOL. WHAT ABOUT FOUNDATION LEVEL. WHAT DID I SIT THROUGH LECTURES AND TESTS FOR??? TO RESIT IT AGAIN AT UNI LEVEL?? 

Are we students, paying a private institution, a tuition fee worth thousands, to sit through something that we've gone through over over again in 6 years of primary school and 5 years of secondary school, to waste our time sitting for tests on COMMON KNOWLEDGE (seriously if you don't know your basic moral values like helping an old lady cross the road or that Malaysia was colonized by the British or that we should respect and live harmoniously between the races in our country (RESPECT EVERYONE, REGARDLESS OF AGE, RACE AND SEX LA MY GOD WHY CAN'T THEY FOCUS ON THIS AND BE DONE WITH IT) then you are FUCKED, but I highly doubt), subjects that we certainly won't have any use for in the future, in our career? Is my boss going to ask me when (exact date) and where (exact place) the Perjanjian Malaysia was signed (legit came out in my Malaysian Studies paper) when I'm sitting at my desk doing fucking accounting and then throw a stapler at me if I don't know? 

Am I going to get a certificate in these subjects and then build a future from it? What is this Malaysian Studies and Quality Work Life and Hubungan Etnik and Study Skills. Can I gain money from it from the future? Can eat one ah? Cannot? What can they tell me that I don't already know? Respect? Study hard? Morale values? 1Malaysia? Must we seriously go into details about EVERYTHING?

I mean seriously. Maybe at our primary/secondary level it was necessary, to instill some kind of patriotism or morale values when we're still young. Now it's just fucking ridiculous and annoying. At college/uni level we are already young adults. If you feel the need to make these subjects compulsory and educate 18-21+ year olds on moral values and history then you know you might as well have failed to educate us properly in our primary/secondary level. Why not go ahead and just make it mandatory for the whole population to take these subjects at WHATEVER level, working or studying?

I know its been going on for quite some time but frankly I'm quite pissed cause I was TOLD that if I sat through it in college, I wouldn't have to do it again in Uni, which is the biggest lie of the year. I'm paying 12k a year to do this... Lets not even go into details about what these subjects are REALLY REALLY ABOUT. LETS NOT GO THERE BECAUSE ITS FUTILE.

Ok rant over. Sometimes I try not touch on things like these and try to be more tolerant and whatnot, but sometimes.. Sometimes I just need to be me ok.

3 comments:

  1. MPU sucks in general. It draws people from really studying the subjects they are hoping to succeed in

    ReplyDelete
  2. MPU sucks in general. It draws people from really studying the subjects they are hoping to succeed in

    ReplyDelete
  3. It smell like shit, make it more hate on this shit education system

    ReplyDelete