Wednesday 19 March 2014

Miss selfridge ss14 contest

So um i won something for like the first time ever LOL. Normally i wouldn't even have entered but i suddenly had a why-the-hell-not moment and did it.

Aiya basically its just post and ootd of your spring/summer look and tag @f3malaysia and #msmyss14 and wait for a winner to be announced at the end of each week. Winner gets a rm500 shopping spree at miss selfridge. Ya la easy right just post and wait to win.

No. I saw the tagged entries and honestly i saw so many potential winners i just thought ok nvm dowan la 😅 but i did it anyway! 

So imagine my shock in class when i got this notification: 



My heart just like skipped a beat. Never. In. A. Million. Years. Maybe that week i did something nice so karma must be shining upon me *hair flick (jk you know i won cause dammit im a fashionista mafakas) (ok no really, just kidding)




In case you were wondering which pics i tagged and won.. (ya idk why is this vital for people to know like hello the only thing that matters is the outcome!) 


Ok la i have to admit, i honestly think my outfits are really simple and nothing unconventional or special or anything. So i felt a bit bad for all the other entries cause i felt like there were a lot of people that should've won. I felt like i only won cause..... My photos aren't even taken with a phone but a camera 😂

But nonetheless i felt so happy i won, i waited all day for the email and when i finally received it, (12 hours later) (mind you i was damn excited), i arranged to meet with them the very next day at one utama's outlet.

But alas! I should've checked out ou's outlet before setting an appointment. Most of my first choice was gone in my size so i just had to settle for my second choices :/

I originally wanted to get something basic and something more boom (aka formal la) but due to the absolutely limited amount of choices, basically i don't have a choice la 😂

But the people working at miss selfridge were extremely nice to me and patient, they even like picked out clothes for me and stuff and were generally really friendly even though they know i'm not actually a paying customer, just some lucky girl looking for some freehandouts 😂 (i did get the shorts the girl suggested for me though! I think if she didn't i wouldn't even have considered it) 

In the end i picked these: 


Even though it wasn't my first choice, i was still very happy with it. I think they're both very unique pieces. The pants is really casual but the top is more towards formal i guess. (no shit sherlock) plus i don't have anything similar to these in my wardrobe, so its a great addition to my pile of ever growing clothes. 

Oh yeah and washing these would be a pain in the ass 😂 

Not really sure when i would actually have the opportunity to wear out the top though, seeing as i dont have any formal events, and my night life is basically non-existant (huh wat is clubbing? You mean like having a seizure with lots of people??)

So yeah. At the end of the day, i'm still so thankful i won and i had this opportunity. Just another of life's pleasant surprises! (Ya trying to sound all philosophy-ical and deep)

Ending the post with me and my vain pot face. And my shiny sequined shorts from miss selfridge 😁✌️



No comments:

Post a Comment