Thursday 17 July 2014

Bangkok: Accommodation



For the first 3 days we stayed at Link Corner Hostel. Kudos to free wifi and strategic location, but other than that.. It's basically like a dorm: bunk beds, shared toilet cubicles. Not even allowed to have food in our room, but the hall is super accommodating and comfy so we didn't mind eating in the main hall and all. But basically we just stayed there cause it was cheap + it was nearby to a lot of places (Platinum mall, night markets and other malls I don't even know the name of - we just walked everywhere in a 5 mile radius lo I think LOL leg pain like shit)

Also no pictures of this hostel at all cause.. Not really nice to take pictures leh LOL (Yeah above pictures are really irrelevant but whatever). But like I said, it's a budget hostel that costs about RM30 a night per person... So yeah ^^




The next 4 days was spent at a nicer hotel! Well actually, it's a service apartment, but I seriously couldn't tell the difference. There was room service, bell boys (which you have to tip) and basically everything a normal hotel has to offer.. Except they weren't just any normal hotel, they were amazing!


Ehhh.. Except the part where the wifi isn't so.. Flexible? As in, since the apartment was meant for only 6 people (we had 10 people.. Had to sneak in an extra 4 people hehe), only 6 people get to use the wifi at one time, but no big deal!




And and our view!! Damn I miss our balcony sessions :(


Also: pool. But we spent most of our days busy shopping, so by the time we get back, the pool is already closed (10pm) so a bit wasted lo. Only swam once I think :(

Oh right and in case you guys were wondering (or not), the situation in Bangkok is.. Completely fine? No riots no NOTHING. Curfew is gone too. Some people told me there would be military posted everywhere but.. Also nope. Except one that we passed by:


But it felt more like a tourist attraction cause loads of people were flooding to take pictures, instead of you know, doing military-ish work LOL (ya wtf Cherish why you so sampat)

Nah other random, grainy pics (what, did you seriously expect me to lug my DSLR around)





Also: My god. Every time I just open my front camera to casually check my hair, someone would pop up behind and "photobomb" me. Hair like shit btw, but what to do, so hot. (FUCKING HOT, ESPECIALLY AT CHATUCHAK MARKET CAN MELT DIE ME)

No comments:

Post a Comment