Friday 18 July 2014

MH17

Seriously, in light of what happened to the recent flight MH17, everything else just seems a lot more insignificant. Even though I didn't know anyone on the flight, it just kind of feels like talking about anything happier makes me feel almost guilty, because 295 people and a lot more relatives and friends are devastated.

I don't know why, but somehow it changed something in me. When MH370 disappeared.. Well I was concerned, and that was it. It didn't make much of an impact in my life. Not until this. I'm just horrified now. 

I'm horrified at how during this Russia-Ukraine issue going on.. MH17 and its passengers are just casualties of war. 

I know despite warnings to avoid Ukraine airspace, how does that justify shooting down a civillian aircraft that was just passing through? MH17 certainly has nothing to do with the Russia-Ukraine crisis. Was it to send a message then? An accident? Doubtful. How can you mistake a large commercial aircraft for a fighter jet, and then launch a missile at it? I don't think thats how firing a missile works, right? 

What do they even accomplish from this? Cause as far as I see it, nothing. That what makes it even more horrible, because these people were just casualties to a war not their own. They didn't die to benefit neither Russia nor Ukraine. I cannot stress enough how people died for no cause, not even an end to the crisis going on, but rather lead to a beginning of worse things to come.

What's going to happen next? Because an innocent, civillian aircraft was shot down, there's bound to be repercussions. I don't know from who, to whom, or what, but I don't believe the people, leaders, politicians are going to just sit down and accept this. Like I said, worse things are coming in light of this, which means possibly more tragedies, more deaths, I don't know. 

I'm just scared at how many innocent people must die because of this. Yeah yeah I know, innocent people die everyday:



But somehow this just made me open my eyes. Believe it or not, this is going to set off a chain of events.. And I hope I'm wrong. I know a lot of countries have this no involvement policy going on since the Russia-Ukraine crisis but seeing this now, I don't know how the other countries are expected to sit back and possibly wait for another tradegy to strike its people. 

I dunno what the point of this post was. I'm just a little scared for everyone and whats to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment